You Could Be Entitled to Compensation For:
Failure to Diagnose
Failure to Warn of Dangers
Am I Entitled to Make a Claim?
1. Have you or a loved one been injured due to incorrect diagnosis or failure to diagnose an injury or disease?
2. Were you or a loved one injured during a medical procedure?
3. As a result of your injuries have you suffered any loss such as pain and suffering or loss of income?
Free Claims Assessment *
What Can I Claim?
Loss of Income
Pain and Suffering
Loss of Life Enjoyment
Compensation for loss of life enjoyment can be awarded due to injuries sustained.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some common types of Medical Negligence?
– Defective medical products
– Surgical errors
– Inadequate postoperative care
– Issues related to anaesthesia
– Nerve injuries sustained during a procedure
– General hospital negligence
– General Practitioner negligence
– Pregnancy, labour and neonatal negligence
– Orthopaedic negligence
– Errors with medication and post-operative medication/prescriptions
What types of medical professionals can be included in a medical negligence claim?
– GPs (General Practitioners)
– Orthopaedic Surgeons
– Public and private hospitals
– Allied healthcare professionals (e.g.: chiropractors, physiotherapists, etc.)
What is required to bring a medical insurance claim?
– The medical professional or hospital’s treatment did not meet Australian standards
– The poor treatment had an injury or undue suffering as a result
– The harm (physical/psychological) was directly caused by negligence
There are strict thresholds in Australia for medical negligence cases that set out how significant your injury must be in order to submit a claim. As your lawyers, AJB Stevens can advise on what this means to you once we have a full understanding of your unique situation.
How do I know if I have a claim?
– Timely diagnose a condition (or if there was a misdiagnosis)
– Treat your condition or refer you to a specialist
– Use reasonable skill/care to perform a medical procedure
– Monitor your condition
– Advise on risks associated with a medical procedure
– Provide post-operative care at an adequate level
How can I prove my case?
If the practitioner or hospital in question acted in a way that would be considered acceptable in the opinion of a large number of respected practitioners in the same field, you may not have a claim. However, we would begin by assessing your situation and organising appointments with professionals who can assess your injury and its root cause.
Do time limits apply to medical negligence compensation claims?
What can I claim compensation for?
– Loss of income
– Hospital expenses
– Rehabilitation Costs
– Home Assistance
– Loss of Life Enjoyment
How much can I claim?
Who pays for my compensation?
What is the process when you make a claim with AJB Stevens?
How long does it take to process a claim?
– Any injuries that have not yet been stabilised and maintained.
– Negotiation difficulties
– Delays in Court if your case reaches that point
Your appointed AJB Stevens lawyer will be able to give you an estimate of how long things will take to progress and for you to receive entitlements, always making sure you are updated with any changes.
How much does it cost to make a medical negligence compensation claim?
This policy backs our claim that we believe every Australian deserves the right to legal representation when they need it most, regardless of financial situation.
In some cases, we can introduce a funder to ensure that you still have access to legal services.
What can I do to assist my lawyer with making a medical negligence claim?
If you are unable to provide documentation, the professional expert will still do their best to address your concerns based on any other information we can give them.
Can I represent myself if I make a medical negligence claim?
That’s why it’s important to talk to professionals who understand the complexities of the law in relation to the medical profession. If you think you’ve experienced medical negligence, contact us today and we can help you better understand the process and advise you on your options.
Do you only handle medical negligence cases?
When you’re ready to talk, we’re ready to listen. To learn more about medical negligence and how we can help you, contact the team at AJB Stevens.